Diploma in Sound and Music Technology is specifically designed to give students a fundamental knowledge in all aspects of music and sound technology, whilst providing the encouragement and scope for students to delve deeper into areas of interest. Lectures consist of a combination of theory based classes and practical tutorials which take place in our purpose built state of the art studio and dedicated media production suite running industry standard music technology software. Students have the added advantage of utilizing these facilities outside of class time, and are expected to coordinate and work in groups independently to complete their specific assignments.
MODE OF DELIVERY
Lecturers, practical sessions and tutorials Sessions assignments, projects and class tests.
The units within this qualification are assessed by assignments, and in addition to that there will be practical assessments.
AWARD OF QUALIFICATION
Students will be awarded a Diploma in Sound and Music Technology from London Examinations Board (UK ), if he/she achieves at least a pass grade overall.
The student should have completed minimum age limit of 16 years.
- Studio routing and wiring for music and sound industries
- Microphones and direct injects (DI) techniques
- Mixing and recording consoles
- Equalization for music and sound industries
- Dynamics and effects equipment for music and sound industries
- Musical Instrument Digital Interface (Midi)
- Soldering and wiring for music and sound
- Acoustics and monitoring for music and sound
- Audio analysis for sound engineers
- Employment opportunities, roles and responsibilities in the music sectors
- Acoustics and sound reinforcement systems
- Sound Theory
- Guitar recording
- Drum recording
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 8 months
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 274
- Assessments Yes