Certificate in Sound and Music Technology is specifically designed to give students a fundamental knowledge in all aspects of music and sound technology, whilst providing the encouragement and scope for students to delve deeper into areas of interest. Lectures consist of a combination of theory based classes and practical tutorials which take place in our purpose built state of the art studio and dedicated media production suite running industry standard music technology software. Students have the added advantage of utilizing these facilities outside of class time, and are expected to coordinate and work in groups independently to complete their specific assignments.
Mode of Delivery:
Lecturers, practical sessions and tutorials Sessions, assignments, projects and class tests.
Award of Qualification:
Students will be awarded a Certificate in Sound and Music Technology from Music Oven Institute Sri Lanka, if he/she achieves at least a pass grade overall.
The student should have completed minimum age limit of 16 years.
- Sound Theory
- Studio Evolution & Signal Flow
- Equalization and Dynamics and Effects for Sound and Music Industries
- Microphones and Direct Inject (DI) techniques
- Introduction to Digital Audio
- Mixing and Recording Consoles
- Introduction to Studio Designing and Monitoring
- Composition Skills
- Guitar Recording
- Drum Recording
- Mixing and Mastering
- Soldering and Wiring for Music and Sound Industries
- Market Research and Client Handling
- Employment opportunities, roles and responsibilities in music and sound industries
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 8 months
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 274
- Assessments Yes